Wednesday, September 28, 2011

OFF TO LONDON AND NORTH YORKSHIRE...

Take Off Time - 11:05 P.M. -

Well, preparing for my flight to my second home -- the United Kingdom.  My last visit was back April when those two crazy kids, Kathy and Billy, had that little wedding.  I thought I'd fly over just to support them.  I told everyone to look for me on the telly -- I'd be standing next to the black lamp post waving a British flag!  Well, who would have guessed there would be a couple of others with the same idea.

This time I'll be visiting one of my favorite shops in North Yorkshire -- The Mouseman of Kilburn.  This cabinet making shop is still family owned and the grandchildren of the original cabinet maker (Robert Thompson)still work at the workbenches and in the retail shop.  Every piece of this beautiful oak furniture has a mouse carved somewhere on it -- hence "The Mouseman"...  Click the link below and browse the site and read the history of "The Mouseman".

http://www.robertthompsons.co.uk/index.php

If you look at the right bank of drawers on this dressing table -- right at the center drawer you can see the MOUSE carved right on the edge...





...and here's the item I'd liked to own -- I have always wanted these book ends...I love the little mouse/mice/mouses/mices???

Mouseman Furniture - solid oak Book Ends from Robert Thompson
Robert Thompson (The Mouseman of Kilburn) English Oak Bookends.
Now, I ask you, if the wood is from England is it just oak?

No comments:

Post a Comment